Today has been a great day in terms of getting into the swing of being a student and gearing up for when I start my midwifery coursework. I've been trying to develop a habit of setting aside time every day for my "schooling."
In about 2 1/2 hours today, I managed to:
- read chapter 7 in Heart and Hands, "Becoming a Midwife"
- read chapter 2 in The Doula Business Guide
- wrote a book report on Jean Sutton's book, Let Birth Be Born Again and sent it off to my BirthWorks Childbirth Ed program reviewer
- ordered a copy of Becoming a Midwife by Carolyn Steiger
- watched my new DVD, "Baby-Led Breastfeeding," that I got when I went to the neonatal resuscitation training last month. You can check it out here: http://www.geddesproduction.com/breast-feeding-baby-led.php
I'm impressed with the "Baby-Led Breastfeeding" DVD. I think I'll be using it in my childbirth classes.