Friday, August 19, 2011

Homeschool Weekly Report

Tim did look at me funny for this one, but last night when the kids were whiny and sniping at each other, I emptied a can of shaving cream onto the dining room table and told them that it was time to practice writing letters. James has been doing 'M' this week in homeschooling, so he worked on 'M' and words that start with M. Delilah made the entire alphabet and Ben pretty much just played with the shaving cream. It was totally worth it, as it bought me twenty-five minutes of happy children and only took a minute to clean up.

In history, we finished up chapter one in Story of the World II. Both of the older kids read library books about Rome.

Patrick and Delilah both did lessons on www.time4learning.com in Math and Language Arts. I am really enjoying using the Memoria Press kindergarten with James. Honestly, the checkboxes are a big help to me.

We're headed out to the park this afternoon and then I'll be spending the weekend at the Sweet Little Repeats consignment sale. It's one of the biggest consignment sales in the area, with over 11,000 items this year. To find out more about it, you can go to www.sweetlittlerepeats.com

5 comments:

  1. My kids loved that shaving cream activity when they were little! Sounds like things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would have loved playing in that shaving cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever tried shaving cream with my kids. I think I will have to pick some up to try this the next time we are having a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Awesome! My kids always loved doing that when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaving cream is terrific and so are checkboxes.

    ReplyDelete