Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby K'tan Carrier

When we got home from the YMCA today, there was a box under the mat on the porch. The kids, of course wanted to know if it was something for them. Turns out it was a new carrier from the Baby K'tan company. Unlike most of my baby carriers, I didn't have to buy this one. A few weeks ago, a representative from Baby K'tan contacted me about their Doula Outreach Program (which I think is a great idea, good marketing). They sent me the carrier, an instruction DVD and a box of brochures to give clients.


Ben (2 1/2 years old) served as my tester. We tried the back carry and the front position (Hug). He's a little heavy for me to use the "Hug" position very often, but the Back position was pretty comfortable. I could totally see going to the mall or the zoo with him in the back carry.

Here's the "Hug" position.

One thing I like about the Baby Ktan is that it is a "double sling" carrier, so you can wear two babies. The website and the instruction guide show you how. I would have liked to have had this when I was doing childcare at home.

I've boxed it back up so that I can use it as a demonstration model for clients, but Baby K'tan people, if you're reading this, feel free to send me one in Sage Green or Warm Cocoa to use for myself.

Website:

Their videos:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Can you explain how you put it on your back, please? I can't find instructions anywhere but would really like to do this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out wearing my baby in front, then put my arms inside the loops by the waist and rotate it until the babe is on my back. Take my arms out from underneath the waist loops.
      It's not as high and tight as i want it to be (My baby isn't cooperating well) lol

      Delete