Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby K'tan Carrier

When we got home from the YMCA today, there was a box under the mat on the porch. The kids, of course wanted to know if it was something for them. Turns out it was a new carrier from the Baby K'tan company. Unlike most of my baby carriers, I didn't have to buy this one. A few weeks ago, a representative from Baby K'tan contacted me about their Doula Outreach Program (which I think is a great idea, good marketing). They sent me the carrier, an instruction DVD and a box of brochures to give clients.


Ben (2 1/2 years old) served as my tester. We tried the back carry and the front position (Hug). He's a little heavy for me to use the "Hug" position very often, but the Back position was pretty comfortable. I could totally see going to the mall or the zoo with him in the back carry.

Here's the "Hug" position.

One thing I like about the Baby Ktan is that it is a "double sling" carrier, so you can wear two babies. The website and the instruction guide show you how. I would have liked to have had this when I was doing childcare at home.

I've boxed it back up so that I can use it as a demonstration model for clients, but Baby K'tan people, if you're reading this, feel free to send me one in Sage Green or Warm Cocoa to use for myself.

Website:

Their videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment