Monday, March 28, 2011

Leaving Tomorrow!

My flight itinerary is printed. My bag is (almost) all packed. Backup doulas for my clients are arranged. Childcare for my kids is set up. I have roommates for the conference, to pitch in with the room cost.

I still need to put gas in the van so the babysitter or Tim doesn't have to, buy a notebook to take with me, pick up some more food for the family for while I'm away, clean out the van (so it isn't embarassing) and straighten up the house again.

I've never been away from the kids for this long (it'll be a week). I'm excited, and not as nervous as I thought I would be. I've been wanting to go to the Midwifery Today conference ever since my ten year old was a baby and now, for the first time, I'm really going.

My plane leaves from Syracuse tomorrow at 10:10am. I'll be back here blogging next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment