|Gail Hart and Jan Tritteden speaking.|
|Maryl Smith leading us in the song "Renegade Midwives"|
|The amazing Eugene Saturday market street performers.|
|"The Wide Sisters" performing!|
|Sing it with us!|
|My conference stash|
|Hillarious sign that I kept seeing in Oregon|
Best parts (hard not to write an essay here):
- Staying up until 2am talking almost every night
- The mom who said "I felt the power of the universe in my uterus."
- Going to the Eugene Saturday market
- Realizing in the sessions that so much of what is being taught should be common sense
- Ladies' dance night!
- Meeting someone who gave birth to breech twins at home
- Morning Glory, the Pizza Research Institute, Red Agave... all of the tasty food
- The sense of community with people you'd never met before
- Buying myself lots of books; Orgasmic Birth, Survivor Moms, Holistic Midwifery Vol. 1 (Frye), Let Birth Be Born Again
- Meeting a Mennonite sociologist who studies grassroots movements, particularly midwifery
- The "Tricks of the Trade" session where everyone shared their knowledge
- Listening to Gail Hart talk
- Sitting with Elizabeth Davis on the plane from Eugene to San Francisco
Now, of course, I'm already looking forward to next year's conference!