Friday, December 31, 2010

Do your kids have off this week?

"Why, no, they don't. Making children work is what I do for fun."

Since this week is traditionally a school holiday, I had at least three people this week ask if my kids had the week off school. To which I was happy to say that, no, I was mostly making them stick with the normal routine.

At bedtime, the kids have been listening to Tim read through the book of Matthew. He's also reading them C.S. Lewis' The Last Battle (they're almost finished). Today, we read a couple of the "Sir Cumference" books from the library.

Patrick managed to do lessons three through nine in Saxon Math 6/5 this week. Delilah did three lessons in CLE Math 204. Both of them practiced math on http://www.ixl.com/

James is completely obsessed with playing checkers and does so at every opportunity. I'm counting it as math in his homeschool log.

On Wednesday, Patrick took part in a Lego building contest at the Dewitt Library:

 He enjoyed himself, and the other three kids didn't whine too much while we waited for him.

I've been reading The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, one of the required reading books on my BirthWorks CBE reading list. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to report that I wrote the book report about it.

1 comment: