Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back to Fully Functioning!

After attending a 16 1/2 hour labor Sunday (that went into Monday morning), then coming back home, sleeping for three hours and then turning around and driving out to Rochester for a doula training, I am happy to report that my brain is fully back online. The birth was wonderful and lovely. The laboring mama was probably the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. Just after 19 hours of being "on duty" followed by another full day Monday, it was nice to have absolutely nothing to do during the day yesterday (I did meet with a client in the evening).

The training I took was with Karen Strange, who I now wholeheartedly recommend. If you can get an opportunity to hear her speak, and you are someone who works with women, birth or babies, you should definitely go.

Karen's site: Newborn Breath

Tonight, I will be at the Pregnant Moms Night at Baldwinsville Chiropractic from 6:30-8pm. Please come out and see me if you are a local.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Liz on your first Doula experience!!! Glad you are back to functioning normally as well, after missing so much sleep.

    ReplyDelete